As discussed in Part 1, an investment in a home standby generator will help prevent problems caused by a power outage. Part 2 will give you four more reasons to install a home standby generator.
5) Spoiled Food, Beverages & Medicine – As recommended by the FDA, all perishable food and beverage items should be disposed of if your refrigerator has lost power for four hours. Some types of medicine also require refrigeration. A home standby generator will prevent this waste and the inconvenience and expense of replacing the lost items.
6) Severe Weather Events in Your Region – States like Maryland on the Atlantic Seaboard are more prone to electrical outages caused by severe weather events such as hurricanes or even the occasional blizzard. A standby generator will have your home prepared for rough weather.
7) Property Vacant for Extended Periods – If your family travels frequently or spends winter or other seasons in another state, having a standby generator will help protect your vacant home automatically during power outages, providing power to the sump pump and security systems.
8) Reliance on Medical & Mobility Devices – If you or a family member uses an electrically powered medical device, a home standby generator is essential. Disabled people who rely on electrical wheelchairs will need power to keep their batteries charged. Your home may also have an electrical lift that helps those with disabilities move between floors.
Electrical Services You Can Trust
Meyer Electrical Services is an authorized Generac and KOHLER Sales & Service Dealer. We provide custom standby generator installations and are trained and licensed to perform the regularly required important factory service and maintenance.
Founded in 1991 and serving Maryland, Virginia, and D.C., where we are licensed and insured, Meyer Electrical Services provides home and commercial electrical services you can trust, including:
• Standby Generator Installation
• Panel Upgrades (Heavy-Ups)
• Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations
• Structured Cabling
• Circuit Breaker Replacement
Based in Bethesda, our team proudly serves all of Montgomery County. Receive a free consultation for custom electrical work today by calling (301) 941-1400.