It is simple – our lives depend on power. Losing electricity can be a scary thing, when you cannot run your A/C or your heating system, and complete your daily essentials like cooking, laundry or the kids’ bath time. And what happens to all the food in the refrigerator and freezer? Your lights, televisions, computers, radio, and even special phones can be rendered useless. You are cut off from the rest of the world! Do you have someone with special needs or who require medical equipment? What happens to them? Isn’t it time to provide a little peace of mind to your family? Have Meyer Electrical Services, Inc. preform your generator installations in Bethesda, MD and the surrounding areas today.
Generac Guardian Series generators (air cooled) are available in 8kW to 22kW models. They make standby power a savvy investment for residential applications. For small business power standby solutions we offer 25kW to 60kW QT and Protector Series units. These revolutionary generators are exceptionally quiet, environmentally friendly and so affordable that they can often pay for themselves during a single power outage in commercial and industrial applications. The units are fully enclosed in an insulated weatherproof enclosure. Generac generators are the only engine designed specifically for extended generator use, not adapted from lawn and garden applications. You decide what items are important to you in a power outage and we will help you to determine the power you need. Whether you want basic circuits or your whole home powered, Meyer Electrical Services, Inc. will offer the right generator solution for you, complete an installation and provide regular preventative maintenance services according to installation contract.
We are an authorized Generac Dealer and Certified in Diagnostics, Maintenance, and Repairs in strict accordance with Generac established guidelines. This ensures your Generac Warranty is valid from a proper install. We are fully licensed and insured. We only use the best products available to install all of the electrical components. We provide turnkey installations in a neat and a workmanlike manner. Your project will be complete from start to finish with Meyer Electrical Services, Inc.
Optional Mobile Link (new cellular remote monitoring system from Generac) is also available with the purchase, which allows monitoring your valuable system operation and check its status even when you are away. You can customize the settings in order to receive notifications of your choice. (Additional charges apply)
HOW IT WORKS
Within 10 seconds of an outage, a generator automatically turns on and provides nice, clean, and steady 120/240 volts of electricity directly to your home’s electrical panel. After the utility power returns and is sustained, the transfer switch restores the utility power back to your house. The generator will soon shut off and wait until the next power outage. It operates on natural or liquid propane gas, easily convertible, and sits outside just like a central A/C unit. As the units are fully automatic, you never have to refuel your backup generator as it is hard piped into your home’s gas supply. Besides, a standby generator lasts much longer than a portable unit as it performs a weekly self-test, which helps ensure everything is working correctly, spins the oil through the motor, and gets the generator up to operating temperature. This also flushes the gas line of any condensation build up to prevent further future damage. At that point, the only thing you need to do is check on it once a month. Make sure the oil level is correct and the system reads “Ready.” It is a fairly simple investment to operate. (For an additional information, please refer to our Guidelines for Proper Operation of Your Generator).
Generators require maintenance. Do not wait until a storm is approaching. If your maintenance light is RED your generator will not operate.
GREEN LIGHT = GOOD TO GO.
YELLOW LIGHT = MAINTENANCE REMINDER.
RED LIGHT = UNIT WILL NOT OPERATE.
Every generator installation, provided by MEYER ELECTRICAL SERVICE, INC. includes the following:
- Standard 5-Year Generac Warranty (refer to documentation).
- Standard 5-Year Warranty on all parts and labor for gas and electrical components installed.
- Permit applications and coordination (inspection).
- Install high strength GenPad, which provides solid, sturdy foundation for the Generac Guardian Series generator and eliminates the risk of uneven mounting surfaces. The GenPad also provides the extra height of the ground for the generator.
- Generator will be secured with bolts to the GenPad.
- Coordinate utility consultation with PEPCO and WGL Gas for appropriate services.
- Check natural gas meter for proper sizing and coordinate meter/service upgrade if necessary.
- Run minimum 1″ black gas pipe all the way to generator and convert to 1/2″ only at the generator. With the bigger generators, it is common to run 1 1/4″ black gas pipe from the source to the generator.
- Painting the newly installed exterior black gas pipe to prevent rust.
- Custom install of all gas and electrical components.
- We leave the job site cleaner than when we started. Cleanliness is very important to us. We use drop clothes in your home to protect the floors.
- You will also see us protecting your landscaping to prevent unnecessary damages.
- We complete all the work ourselves. We do not subcontract anything.
- Provide customer tutorial and full documentation of the setup.
- Generator Start-up, initial break in, and operation check.
- We change break-in oil after 8 hours of running time.
- We also provide preventative maintenance services.
SPECIAL FINANCING AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS
Preventative maintenance program ensures your generator system is always in top operating condition and warranty requirements are being met. Generac’s maintenance kits provide all the hardware necessary to perform complete routine maintenance on a Generac automatic standby generator. Oil must be purchased separately based upon manufacturer recommendations.
Note: Maintenance is recommended at least once a year or at every 200 hours of operation.
Meyer Electrical Services, Inc, will take care of all the necessities making sure your generator is running properly when you need it the most. Our maintenance program for air cooled units includes the following, but not limited to oil change, oil filter change, battery check, engine fluid levels check, replacing spark plugs if necessary, GEN pad check, all wiring check, all gas plumbing check, transfer switch operation, engine RPMs, generator output voltage, etc.
Contact us for a complete information about our Preventative Maintenance Service.