When there is a power outage, your home will need an alternate supply of electricity that is both stable and reliable. With wintry weather around the corner, it’s important to ensure you have a backup source of electricity to keep your family safe and warm.
Standby Backup Generator
In the face of blizzards and ice storms that take down power lines, the top choice and best solution is a standby backup generator. Below are the numbers that should convince you to have one installed before winter.
- Nearly 1 in 10 power outages are due to weather events.
- Since 2003, electrical outages caused by severe weather have grown 100%.
Projected Losses from Electrical Outages During Winter
- Basement flooding: $20,000
- Food Loss: $200 to $500
- Mold damage and removal: $500 to $30,000
- Pipes frozen or burst: $10,000
- Temporary shelter rental: $100 to $200 per night
If you are considering installing a standby generator, make sure you find a licensed electrician who has the experience and expertise in providing this backup power solution. Still not convinced? Below are the advantages.
Advantages of Standby Generators
- 24/7 protection from electrical outages even without homeowner’s presence
- Automatic activation immediately provides power when utility fails
- Full backup capability, including lighting, heating, appliances, and electronics
- Permanent installation like HVAC unit, increasing home value
- Powered by natural gas and propane that is automatically provided
- Quiet and non-disruptive to neighbors
- Timed Exerciser turns on generator every week to ensure readiness
- Warranty and maintenance plan keeps generator in good shape
Electrical Services You Can Trust
Meyer Electrical Services is a Certified Generac Generator Dealer serving Maryland, Virginia, and D.C. We provide custom Generac installations and are trained and licensed to perform the regularly required important factory service and maintenance for your generator.
If you already have a Generac Standby Generator, ask Walt Meyer about adding a Mobile Link. This application will let you to view important details about your generator from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Receive a free consultation regarding Generac Standby Generators today by calling (301) 941-1400.