Effectively managing guest facilities includes watching costs in order to be profitable. Avoiding wasteful expenses will promote the viability of your organization. One area where several small changes can make a big difference is by reducing the electricity usage at your motel or hotel.
Find ways to cut your utility bills by working with an experienced licensed electrician who provides commercial services. The following lists a few tips to help your guest facilities conserve energy during the upcoming colder months when electrical use typically rises. You will save money while retaining operational efficiency.
- Turn off electrical devices if they aren’t being used. Computers, copiers, industrial machines, and whatever else is plugged in can be turned off when they aren’t being used. At the end of the workday, make it a practice to turn off devices that will not be used until the following day.
- Implement the energy-saving settings of your electrical devices. Many devices have sleep settings or modes that conserve energy while they are inactive. Using energy-saving settings will reduce electrical usage and utility bills.
- Before purchasing new appliances, office equipment, or machines for your guest facility, consider their energy efficiency. Installing electrically efficient devices that are ENERGY STAR certified will result in significant savings over time.
- How you time the energy usage of your guest facility can also play a factor in reducing electrical costs. The hours from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. are considered the peak hours for electricity usage. Using equipment and machines that consume a lot of electricity during off-hours will help your hotel or motel save money.
- Ask a licensed electrician to perform an energy audit of your guest facilities. A professional who is experienced in working on motels and hotels can point out the areas where energy efficiency can be improved in terms of appliances, heating & cooling, equipment, and policies.
Electrical Services You Can Trust
Founded in 1991 and serving Maryland, Virginia, and D.C., where we are licensed and insured, Meyer Electrical Services provides home and commercial electrical services you can trust, including:
- Standby Generator Installation
- Panel Upgrades (Heavy-Ups)
- Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations
- Structured Cabling
- Circuit Breaker Replacement
Based in Bethesda, our team proudly serves all of Montgomery County. Receive a free consultation for custom electrical work today by calling (301) 941-1400.